Hi There! Thank you for coming to visit today. Yesterday came and went so fast there was just no time to blog! Woweee you are loving our stamps… that makes us very happy indeed!
So today, we will have three posts! Yes treble inspiration for you all created with our gorgeous stamps.
Firstly it’s over to the very talented Kim Robertson…
A huge good morning to you all on this fine day . Well I am hoping we have another full day of sunshine today and bright sunshine. It was so good to see the yellow balll in the sky yesterday and my little friend of the kitty kind from over the way was laying in the garden all day with her mum and sister… it looked like kitty central dor a while. haha.
So today is The One and only Visible Image Wednesday and I have a twofer for you all which I hope you will enjoy.
This first one I love with its Autumnal shades and just that it really is something a little different. So without further ado card number one looks like this.
It features two of the recently launched new stamp sets and some matting and layering of course and some white embossing so it couldnt be any simpler for quick makes.
So I took a white piece of card and started laying down some Distress ink onto it in my usual way and I decided to keep it quite light and pretty but of course the first layer is always a little patchy pshing the colours into the fibres of the paper until it soaks in and you get a nice slip for the next layer. I added a second coat using the same Wild Honey and Shabby shutters ink but intensifying the edges a little more. At this stage I spritz the card with some water too , I used a very fine spritz so I could get a nice slight mottle to the card by patting the water back off with a piece of kitchen towel.
I did go back and drop some larger water droplets on it in the same manner and blot the ink off. I then dried the ink really well with a heat gun and also rubbed my anti-static pad all over it to make sure it was really dry as we were going to use embossing powder next.
So I took the main image from the Behind every mask set and inked it using Versamark ink and placed it on top of the inky background in the top middle of the card and pressed really well to make sure I got a nice sharp image, I tipped on some white embossing powder and heat set.
Next I took the large leaf from the Colours of the wind set and inked it using the same inks as on the background but one side was the Honey shade and the other the green, I also added some darker shades on the edges too and stamped it on the lower left corner, I pulled it off fairly quickly as I wanted it to look like it had a stippled pattern on it so I went in and out really quickly with it.
In this stamp set there are several smaller little leaves which you can keep attached or snip away from the large leaf. I chose to snip one away and use it to stamp the pattern you see in the corresponding colours keeping it tone on tone mostly around the edges of the card. I again dried it all and used the anti static pad before inking up my sentiment from the Behind every mask set which says, “Behind every mask lies a story” I used again the same white embossing powder to make it stand out and heat set.
At this stage it was really done so I took a Sakura Stardust gel pen in gold and highlighted the leaf and the edge of each of the smaller leaves and round the edge of the bird and anywhere I wanted to pull slightly from the page. I took this picture as it showed the light bouncing off the gold on the centre of the leaf, it is very difficlt to get it to show on camera but holding it it sparkles very subtly but soooo pretty. I also took a white ink and flicked it at the paper with a few very tiny drops and the same with a sepia colour. Then the rest of the card was just about matting and layering as you can see here.
The two stamp sets I used were.
The next card was something completely different for me but still with my style I think.
So on to card numero duo…
I took a piece of white card much more rectangle here and using the SING stamp set I stamped the young lady in black Versafine Ink onto the bottom left of the card, I dried her with a heat gun and then took some ink spritzes in a pale pink a green a dark grey/mauve and a red and one at a time and drying in between spritzed the colour in one section on the top right, I let it wick out a little and dried it completely I then stamped the SING out in red ink on the bottom right and dried it again.
I took my promarkers out and coloured the dress on the girl and kept it darker on the left of her dress.
I took a white pen and added lots of highlights on her hair and dress , legs etc I also took a couple of Ice grey promarkers and gave her a shadow to ground her and stop her looking like she was floating.
I also did the same to the word SING on the bottom right. I also added some white flicks and things to the ink stain.
I chose to keep the matting simple in shiney red and black card to finish off this look too.
So I hope you enjoyed todays little twofer and you enjoyed me having a go at something a little different. I hope you will have a go too and don’t forget there is soooo many sources of inspiration here on the Visible Image blog from the whole team, and on the Facebook page if you prefer that route.
The stamp set on this one was of course this one.
Have a wonderful day.
Two stunning cards from Kim. You will find more of Kim’s gorgeous work over on her blog.
We’ll be back with some ‘fantasy’ inspiration from Lisa next!
Thanks for visiting 🙂
Mark & Helen xx