Hi there! We have an incredible project to share with you next, together with step by step photos of how it came together. We’ll pass you over to Nicky Gilburt…
Today I am sharing a big piece of work, it took me a few hours to accomplish this,
but I enjoyed every minute, even though it was challenging, and at times I didn’t breathe…!
This 20x20cm on Mixed media card was put together using these sets from Visible Image:
Believe in Unicorns
Face shape mask and stencil
So it was quite the creative play!!!
1. I began by making my watery cloudy background on a piece of A3 Mixed Media Cardstock.
I used Nuvo Aqua Flow pens in Indigo Dawn, Azure Blue and Aqua Splash. In turn, and drying
with a heat gun between each colour, I applied strokes of brush colour to my glass mat, spritzed it
with water and pressed my card stock onto it. By drying it I had more control over what went
where and I built up a whole A3 background very quickly.
Then I selected the area on which to work and cut it down to 20 x 20cm size.
2. First stamp was the moon, the clouds and the stars. I heat embossed the moon and stars with
silver pearl, having positioned it so that I could then stamp one of the eyes and brows over it
3. I brushed over the eyelashes with an embossing pen and added some ultra fine clear
sparkling embossing powder over it, for a touch of glitter
4. Then I stamped the unicorn. and used a mask to cover it as I stamped the nose and mouth with
Archival ink. Then I added more clouds with distress ink. Also a few more stars
5. By applying the mask over the face and rubbing a blending tool with a little colour on, outwards,
I gave her some real definition in seconds
6. From the Create It set I added the tree, some falling leaves, and then some cracks, some flowers…
I just played with the piece until I was happy
7. I tweaked the unicorn by adding touches of white pen, just by following the picture
on the front of the stamp set
8. Penultimately – the words. I used white pen to highlight the ‘Believe’ sentiment, but I stamped
and embossed the ‘Create Yourself’ in white, and used lilac distress ink and a tiny paintbrush to create shadow on the page
9. And finally – a bit of bling – sequins, randomly planned and distributed,
glued with strong pva, and one gemstone, right over the splatted ink under the face’s left eye!
This is incredible Nicky! Thank you so much ♡ You can just gaze at it for ages.. there is so much to discover!
Love the ethereal feel to it… magical! Really shows off how much you need the mask and stencil to play with too.
Thank you for visiting our blog today, we still have lots more inspiration to share with you.
How lucky are we to have such an AMAZING Design Team showcasing our awesome new stamps!
Mark & Helen xx